The Finnish Co-operative Research Association…
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics (Virtual issue) - Cooperatives and the ILO over 100 years: A selection of 12 articles
For more than a century now, cooperatives have been at the heart of innovative paths towards achieving decent work with the aim of reconciling the objectives of full employment and social justice. Unsurprisingly, the International Labour Organisation (ILO) has, from its very beginnings, recognized cooperatives, in their various forms, as important allies to achieve its mission.
On the occasion of celebrating ILO COOP Centennial, Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics presents a selection of 12 key articles from its previous issues that have shaped our contemporary understanding of cooperatives.
- Milhaud, Edgard. « The Place of Cooperation in the International Life ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 1, no 1‑4 (1925): 326‑51. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1925.tb02080.x.
- Tanner, Väinö. « The Place of Co-Operation in Different Economic Systems. » Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 13, no 2 (1937): 240‑65. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1937.tb00526.x.
- Fauquet, G. « The Co-Operative Sector: An Essay on Man’s Place in Co-operative Institutions and Their Place in Economic Life ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 17, no 2 (1941): 342‑69. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1941.tb01151.x.
- Watkins, W. P. « Co-Operative Development in Under- Developed Countries, with Special Reference to the Activities of lnter-Governmental Organisations ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 26, no 1 (1955): 66‑81. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1955.tb02135.x.
- Lambert, Paul. « The Housing Co-Operative Movement and the Philosophy of Co-Operation ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 38, no 4 (1967): 413‑18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1967.tb00710.x.
- Münkner, Hans-H. « Panorama of Cooperatives, Mutuals and Associations in Germany, Which Do Not Consider Themselves as Forming a Sector of “Economie Sociale” ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 65, no 2 (1994): 301‑31. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.1994.tb01516.x.
- Campos, José Luis Monzón. « Contributions of the Social Economy to the General Interest ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 68, no 3 (1997): 397‑408. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8292.00054.
- Spear, Roger. « The Co-Operative Advantage ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 71, no 4 (2000): 507‑23. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8292.00151.
- Chaves, Rafael, et Antonia Sajardo‐Moreno. « Social Economy Managers: Between Values and Entrenchment ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 75, no 1 (2004): 139‑61. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.2004.00246.x.
- MacPherson, Ian. « The Co-operative Movement and the Social Economy Traditions: Reflections on the Mingling of Broad Visions ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 79, no 3‑4 (2008): 625‑42. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.2008.00373.x.
- Birchall, Johnston, et Richard Simmons. « The Co-Operative Reform Process in Tanzania and Sri Lanka ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 81, no 3 (2010): 467‑500. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8292.2010.00418.x.
- Hudon, Marek, et Benjamin Huybrechts. « From Distant Neighbours to Bedmates: Exploring the Synergies Between the Social Economy and Sustainable Development ». Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 88, no 2 (2017): 141‑54. https://doi.org/10.1111/apce.12170.