The Cooperatives for a Sustainable Transformation in…
The Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity (JEOD) has launched a call for papers for a special issue on "Cooperative firms, participatory culture, and contemporary challenges”. The essays will be dedicated to the memory of Prof Johnston Birchall, a dedicated author, scholar and thought-leader for cooperation, who passed away in 2021.
The editors are particularly interested in papers that bring the work of Johnston Birchall to life by addressing current issues in social and economic recovery, and discuss his scholarly legacy and its relevance for contemporary economic and societal challenges across world regions, as well as from all sectors of activities.
They are welcoming papers on the following themes:
1. How have cooperatives responded to previous crises and how are they responding to the current one?
2. How can cooperatives contribute to mitigate the inequalities amplified by the current crisis?
3. How can cooperatives contribute to mitigate the uncertainty related to current circumstances for their members and workers?
4. Has the participatory culture survived the effects of social distancing?
5. Can cooperatives heal current divisions within our citizenry?
6. How do cooperatives use digitalisation to their advantage and how can they withstand the risks of participation failure, depersonalization and dangers of isolation that people are currently suffering?
7. What specific organisational capabilities and governance innovations can support current challenges?
The deadline for the submission of abstracts to the JEOD Editorial Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) is 15 April 2022.
Full papers need to be submitted by 30 September 2022. The special issue of the journal will be published in June 2023.
Further information is available on the journal’s website.