Call for papers: Journal of Co-operative Organization and Management
The Journal of Co-operative Organization and Management is now welcoming papers for a special issue on the Cooperative Identity.
This special issue is looking for contributions that explore the Statement on the Co-operative Identity, its impact on the co-operative enterprise form and practice, and the resulting impact of co-operatives on the economy and society.
The guest editors for this issue are Sonja Novkovic and Karen Miner.
Topics include, but are not restricted to the following questions:
- • What are the missing elements in the Statement on the co-operative identity? To what extent is adherence to co-operative principles sufficient to bring about the needed transformative change, called for by the 2030 agenda of the United Nations?
- • What are the unique opportunities that the Co-operative Identity presents for membership growth, expanded market share and significant social impact?
- • How does Co-operative Identity inform governance theory and practice?
- • What is the connection between Co-operative Identity and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) across various dimensions?
- • What is unique about co-operative management theory and practice in light of the Statement?
- • Is the Statement an obstacle, or an advantage for expansion of co-operative enterprises as a distinct business form?
- • How is the Statement interpreted in different types of co-operatives, and what challenges does this diversity pose for co-operative practice?
- • What is the relationship between co-operatives and other types of enterprises, particularly those in the social solidarity economy?
- • What is the relationship between ‘for purpose’ companies (such as B-Corporations, social enterprises, community benefit companies) and co-operatives, in light of the Statement on the Co-operative Identity?
The call is open for all scholars. Manuscripts can be submitted to this Special Issue starting immediately and papers will appear online as soon as they are accepted for publication and processed by the publisher. Final deadline for submitting papers is 28 May 2021.
Papers should follow the editorial guidelines of the Journal of Co-operative Organization and Management and be submitted through the journal’s official submission system. When submitting, please choose the option that targets the submission into the Special Issue on the Co-operative Identity.